Wednesday, October 29, 2008

IB art

60% studio work 40% work book

What is the IB arts?
A two year art course in which you broaden your artistic skills and knowledge.

My first work in the IB art course: SELF REFLECTION
(This painting is still not complete)

This painting represents my past, present, and future. In this painting i used a photo taken of me in the 4th grade, I chose it because in the photo I'm holding my little sister which represent the effort i would do to support my family, representing the present situation in my life. I chose the black and white colors because i didnt want any other color to over take the meaning I wanted to be projected. The orange in the corner represents my Dutch culture, the fact that i didn't include my Thai culture doesnt mean that it's less important to me. The fact that i chose the Dutch culture was because my future plans are more involved in that culture. The white guesso that surrounds the figure is meant to be like a blanket of the cruelty and aggression of my life, the clear orange is the future and the fresh start. "The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence".
(Keep in mind that the painting in still incomplete)

No comments: