I've been working on these sculptures on like forever.... maybe 4 months now. There are 2 sculptures and this art work have part A and part B.
The sculptures. Topic: culture
- cultural sculpture 1 -- Part A & Part B
- cultural sculpture 2 -- Part A & Part B
Part A: The sculptures
Sculpture 1 is of a hippie. As hippies have been the base of many other sub-cultures. It is the influence for many of the teen spirits, influencing the Beat Generation and many other revolutions and liberations.
Sculpture 2 is a simple figure listening to headphones. It is the general musical influence that through time has created many genres that are present today.
Part B: Picture silhouette -- Created with approximately 20-30 small photos each. The photos will make a silhouette of the sculptures.
For sculpture 1 the silhouette is of all the things that the hippie movement have influenced. Photos are taken for sourced resources.
- Beat Generation
- Psychedelic rock
- sexual revolution/liberation
- Music festivals-- Summer of love (1967), Woodstock festival, La Onda Chicanca, Avandaro, Nimbin
- Harry Gibson
- Rock music
- Anti- nuclear weapons
- Anti-vietnam war
- Peace sign
- Love and personal freedom
- The Beatles
- Tom wolfe--The Electric kool-Aid --School bus "Further"-- MERRY PRANKSTERS- filmed and audiotaped--song by Grateful Dead "That's it for the other one"
For sculpture 2 is all the different genres that music has an affect on. The photos would be taken of the sculpture dressed in the different genres.
- Christian & Gospel
- Hip Hop/Rap
- Punk rock -post punk, hardcore punk, new wave punk
- Gothic rock
- Indie pop
- Indie rock